What is PHP?
- Rasmus Lerdorf unleashed the first version of PHP way back in 1994.
- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a server site scripting language, and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.
- PHP is a open source and free Download.
- PHP is a easy to use and most popular scripting language
- PHP is basically used for developing web-based software applications
- PHP files are saved with the ".php" file extension
Characteristics of PHP
Learning PHP to begin with best example "Edit it yourself"
With our "Edit it yourself" editor, you'll be able alter the PHP code and see the result:
Output of PHPEdit it yourself
This is a my first example
Applications of PHP
- It can encrypt data.
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write and close files on the system.
- PHP can collect data from files, save data in file, you can send data via email, return data to user.
- PHP can send and receive cookies and session
- Add, delete, modify components in that database.
- PHP runs on various platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X etc.
- PHP supports a big range of databases
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today
- PHP is a free Download and open source.
- PHP is easy to learn and runs